Breast Cancer Awareness Month October 2023
Touch, Look and Check!
Touch your breast - Can you feel anything new or unusual?
Look for changes - Does anything look different?
Check any changes with your GP
Check all parts of your breasts, your armpits and up to your collarbone(upper chest) for changes. No matter what size or shape your breasts are, check them regularly.
Common signs of breast cancer include
- A lump or swelling in the breast, upper chest or armpit
- a change to the skin, such as puckering or dimpling
- a change in the colour of the breast - the breast may look red or inflamed
- a nipple change, for example it has become pulled in (inverted)
- rash or crusting around the nipple
- unusual liquid (discharge) from the nipple
- changes in size or shape of the breast